Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throwback Thursday: 15 Weeks

Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff

I am watching Levi nap.  I know he will wake up soon, and I know that we will eat lunch together before going out to the park.  I know our schedule.  I know Levi, who he is right now.  He is not this "sweet stranger" anymore.  He's my sweet son.



I am feeling melancholy anyway because I am crystal aware of how quickly time escapes us.  With the recent death and my parents bemoaning the little time we spend together, time feels as heavy as it is humid outside.

A couple blinks of the eye ago I was 15 weeks pregnant, excited and impatient to meet this stranger growing within me.  I started recording my pregnancy in photographs on a weekly basis, inspired by the beautiful photographs from the now defunct Pacing The Panic Room blog.

Douglas took photos for the next 26 weeks (Levi came a week late).  It makes me smile to remember how we bickered during some sessions--with me complaining, "You're taking forever!  My smile has an expiration date!"  Or with Douglas saying, "Stop moving so much!"  We both were earnest in our desires to record our lives before the baby came.  We were in such a rush.

I will start posting my weekly pregnancy photographs on Thursdays (like Instagram's Throwback Thursdays).  I haven't really had a chance to look them over, so this is a good opportunity for me to look at each one and remember.

2 comments :

  1. I kept having to remind myself "THIS IS A THROWBACK THURSDAY PICTURE" Was selfishly hoping you were expecting another little Levi for me to love and watch grow. :) I LOVED this. I remember watching you/Doug expecting Levi- and I'm so proud to be your friend and part of Levi's growing process cyber-ily. I look forward to our time with y'all in June. I hope you'll be in town! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Yes! Key word is THROWBACK. Ha ha. Thank you for the sweet comments...that is just how I feel when I see your (and Tate) photos--what a cool couple you are. We will see you in June, most definitely.

      Delete