Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Napkin Ninja



Levi uses me as his napkin on occasion.  If he touched something unsavory then he would wipe his hand on me and not give it another thought.  If I wanted to approach Levi with a napkin, I must explain my actions before proceeding with caution.  No fast movements.


Sometimes I forget to explain and grab a napkin quickly to wipe that racing drip of tomato sauce before it stains his collar.  After a flurry of ninja movements, the napkin is on the floor and the tomato sauce has stained his collar, his sleeve and my pants. 

Lately Levi has been exploring other options as a napkin.  He recognizes the need to keep his hands clean (but not his face).  

His latest object of inquiry: his own hair as a napkin.  

Levi wipes his hands on his head after eating if I don't counteract him with my own set of ninja movements.  This is different than half a year ago, when he did food rubdowns on himself.  He had very little hair then and he was rubbing soft non-sticky things on himself.  He also let me wipe him clean.  That was then.

Now Levi thoughtfully and deliberately wipes his hands clean on his head and resists my efforts.  

If he trips and lands with his hands on dirt, he'll stand up and brush his hands clean on his head.  When helping me make muffins, he inevitably gets flour on his hands.  Then wipe, wipe, said flour is transferred to his head.  

So during a painting session I was surprised that I was still surprised when he reached up and smeared paint on his head.  This time he did not stop there.  The inquiry on napkins exploded.  He was an equal opportunity napkin wiper this time--using his head, my shoulder, my plait, the floor, the wall and his own pants.  

I wonder what he thought the smock was for.  

My sweet funny ninja darling, you've got green paint in your hair.




No comments :

Post a Comment