Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Google

Image found via mashable.com
My mother teases me when I share a fact.  "Oh, where did you read that?  Online?"

Usually, yes.  Books sit on my shelves expiring.  The nearest Barnes and Noble is far too much of a hassle to get to.  And the Internet is literally at my fingertips.

I google everything up.  Everything.  I google to see if Levi is ready to go down the slide independently, how to make bean brownies, how far Miami is from New York City, and what "swarthy" means.

I even googled up the word askew.  Try it.  Google has a great sense of humor.

Last Friday we began the painful process of asbestos abatement and the renovation of our incredibly dusty, dark and dangerous cellar in hopes of walking around barefoot.  The last time Douglas stepped foot in the cellar, he had rain boots and a mask on.  It's that bad.  Was.

Anyway I just read that piles of things on the floor lead to stagnant energy according to feng shui (yup, googled that up too).  Our bedroom is a sorry sight of boxes and fallen piles of photo albums.  Our entire garden floor is a mess.

So lately I have been feeling the effects of renovation.  My mind is not quite here or there.  My body is sluggish.  My productivity levels are embarrassing.

Today is one of those days I am grateful for my blog.  I'm also so grateful for Google because it allows me to find other people experiencing renovations, giving tips on anger management with contractors and to laugh.

I'm going to google up askew again.  It's exactly how I feel and look.


No comments :

Post a Comment