Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Walking Away






Levi is walking!  Yes, yes, at long last.  No, no, already?!  I'm thrilled he's walking because that means his legs are perfectly fine.  I'm melancholy about him walking...they say that once your baby starts walking, that's it.  Babyhood is over.  Toddlerhood is here.

I don't know how parents pinpoint the exact moment their child takes his first step.  Levi started walking two months ago.  7, 8, 9 steps and I videotaped it.  Then as suddenly as he began, he stopped and returned to his one legged crawl.  

Then last week it happened again--Levi took a couple steps here and there.  A few more.  Today I watched him walk from the living room to the kitchen.  My boy has his very own gait!  Once upon a time he could not hold his head up.  Now he's sleeping longer, eating more and capable of independently peeling stickers and sticking them in his notebook.

My baby has walked away.  Hi, toddler.

No comments :

Post a Comment