Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

List #2: Levi's Reading List

Levi reading with Kathy, my parents' neighbor.

There is no shortage of books in this old Breuckelen house.  This list is what Levi grabs for reading on a regular basis.

Levi's Top 5 Books



1.  Peekaboo Morning by Rachel Isadora.  Levi actually asks for this book by name.  I can see his understanding grow each time we sit to read this book together.  He laughs and says mirror when he sees the baby looking at his own reflection.

2.  Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle.  Sometimes Levi names the animal on the page.  I started off only labeling the animals, but since he knows each animal now and is able to label each one, I am now reading the text to him.

3.  Almost Everything by Joëlle Jolivet.  This is a gorgeous jumbo book that has extensive subjects in basic categories.  Levi likes to sit on this book (since it's so big!) and point at random objects.

4.  My First Animal Book by Nicole Zarik.  A major lifesaver for all of us.  This is his car book.  Levi does not take to the car too easily, so when I'm strapping him into his carseat and he starts to wriggle, I whip out this book. He forgets he's in the car!  This book makes me feel clever.

5.  Hanukkah by Roger Priddy.  His grandmama Shelley ordered this book via Amazon (congratulations to such a tech-savvy woman).  We like the Bright Baby Touch and Feel books.  They're just so pleasant to look at and to touch.  Levi gets excited when he sees the dreidel in the book and says dreidel! 

No comments :

Post a Comment