Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Matzo Soup


I began feeling sick suddenly last Friday at about 1 pm (see the time in the photo above?)  I was sitting there, fooling with my camera when WHAM! 


I was hit by a bug as powerful as a Mack truck.  My neck ached.  My tailbone throbbed.  I felt lightheaded.  By night I was watching Notorious on television with a fever of 102 and a blanket drawn up to my chin.  

I was super lucky.  I was able to suffer with company--Douglas fell ill too.  We stayed in bed Saturday (oh, only if it were a staycation...), alternating between sleeping and listlessly watching Netflix.  I ate matzo soup in bed.  Our mothers were upstairs, taking care of Levi.  I was incredibly lucky the way everything worked out.  In fact, it was the most fun I ever had being sick.  I suspect all parties involved had a grand time.  

I'm pretty sure Levi had a ball too--two full days of grandparent love and matzo soup.  He came to bed laughing.







No comments :

Post a Comment