Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Non-Toys




    
We have two laundry baskets masquerading as toy bins.  Inside those bins are toys that run the gamut from soft to hard, safe to supervision needed when in use, made in the USA, made in China, natural, Fisher-Price plasticky. Toys, pshaw.


Levi is most content when playing with non-toys. A tin box that used to hold chocolate truffles has been repurposed by Levi.  My old yoga blocks serve him better than me.  The entire house is his playground.  

Levi has only a few toy essentials: four plastic balls and a handful of markers. With those essentials, he turns my old yoga blocks into deadly cliffs that the balls roll off of.  The tin box is a drum for Levi's markers when he isn't drawing.  Bang, bang, bang.  He bangs away to his heart's content and I watch him to my heart's content.

No comments :

Post a Comment