Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

List #4: Almond Butter Cookies


Recipes are considered lists, right?  As a kindergarten teacher, I used recipes as an introduction to procedural writing.  Procedural writing involves lists.

Here is a recipe that Levi LOVES.  I wonder if I'm lying to Levi when I say they're cookies--the cookies are barely sweet enough to be considered cookies.  Not very sweet but definitely yummy and healthier than most sweet snacks...and a cinch to make.  If Trader Joe's or Whole Foods is close by, chances are that you have most of those ingredients in your kitchen already.

Ingredients:
1 c. raw crunchy almond butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup chia bran or flax meal (if in a pinch, I'd use flour)
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients together (I suggest mixing the dry ingredients together first before adding the wet ingredients).   Roll dough into 1 inch balls and they're perfect for little hands!  Press gently onto baking tray.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Watch the inaugural address as the cookies cool.

No comments :

Post a Comment