Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Eggs



Levi sees, Levi wants.  I have rescued so many eggs.  When I reach into the refrigerator with Levi balanced on one hip, his little chubby hand flashes out and he has an egg in his hand.  After barely rescuing many eggs.  I moved the egg tray from the refrigerator door to one of the shelves.  Clever me.  I outsmarted that boy.

Then we had a little accident at the food store that prompted a purchase from Homegrown Toys, an Etsy shop.



This happened with Levi strapped in the shopping cart.  I opened an egg carton to check for cracked eggs and in the blink of an eye Levi had an egg in his hand.  He slammed poor Humpty Dumpty on the floor.  All the king's horses and the king's men could not possibly put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

So at home with eleven eggs in the fridge I ordered six gorgeous wooden eggs and matching bowls rubbed with olive oil and painted with nontoxic colors.  Those eggs and bowls will eventually be used for counting, sorting and matching.  Levi stacks and balances the bowls on his head and throws the eggs everywhere, mystified that they do not break or maybe he's enthralled by the way they wobble and spin.

Douglas said that it's Easter at home.  Colorful eggs peek out from crannies and nooks.  That's okay with me.  I outsmarted that boy.

For now.

2 comments :