Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

DIY Spirit

In A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, there is one line that comes to mind often:

His heart was willing but his skill was nil.

Profound.  And who couldn't relate?

I have two art n' crafts boxes packed to the gills with sparkly, fuzzy, sticky and glossy possibilities.  I take those boxes out every once in a while, especially when I want to make gift wrapping fun.  I have a fabric bin with all the fabrics prewashed and folded neatly.  Those pieces are looked at and fingered more than actually used, but every now and then I get hit with a little DIY spirit and courage.  My sewing skills are rudimentary at best.


Pinterest inspired me to make an "Owie Owl." I made it in two naps (that includes taking the sewing machine out of hibernation and assembling everything).  Levi naps between one hour and fifteen minutes to one hour and a half.

Kate's An Everyday Story is behind my quick Levi-is-napping-and-I-don't-want-to-do-boring-adult-stuff matching activity project.  I made this in one nap.  Levi now points to the freezer and says "Owl cold."  He hasn't (knock on wood) used it yet.

My heart is willing but my skill is near nil.

Levi likes them still.

No comments :

Post a Comment