Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

List #8: When Douglas Kicks Me Out

GladQuote Create Your Own Malcolm Gladwell Book With The Malcolm Gladwell Book Generator


1.  Go to CB I Hate Perfume
2.  Read Buddhism for New Mothers
3.  Watch a foreign flick at the movies
4.  Run
5.  Take the ferry to Dumbo
6.  Go to the museum
7.  Knit an hour project
8.  Get a pedicure
9.  Browse at a bookstore not in Williamsburg
10.  Nap

Yesterday Douglas kicked me out of the house.  "Go drink some coffee and read something," he advised.  I applied my too-lazy-to-put-make-up-on pink lipstick and slipped into my black boots. 

I stepped out.  What to do?  Indecisively I ambled around the neighborhood, feeling a little lost.  I wasted a few precious minutes trying to think of something to do.  Then I spotted the word "Sale" in the window at Bird.

Three glorious hours zipped by.  I saw Malcolm Gladwell, one of my author crushes, while sipping on mocha.  I finished Rubin's The Happiness Project.  I browsed at Book Thug Nation and bought a book for Douglas.  I smelled chocolate at Mast Brothers and brought back home a piece of chocolate cake as a memento.

I had a renewed appreciation for home.

Putting Levi to sleep was especially sweet.  Douglas and I snuggled up to some BBC.   A three-hour date with myself was great.  Hence my list--a bit of deliberate thinking for an impromptu me date in the future.



No comments :

Post a Comment