Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

List #5: Routines I Love



Today I lugged a heavy heart with me after going to school with Levi.  More about that another day, when I feel a bit more brave and when my horoscope says it's okay.


Douglas and I have this thing that I just love--comparing horoscopes.  Before Levi, Douglas and I commuted to work together and we'd grab the newspaper before getting on the subway and compare horoscopes.

Then I became a stay at home mama which meant no more newspapers in the mornings for me, but that did not stop Douglas from upholding our little thing.  He still gets the newspaper, snapping a photo of my horoscope and texting it to me.  I love, love, love that.

Anyway, today's horoscope nailed it on the head.  It mentioned that I would be feeling unsettled for the next couple days, but to stay mellow and "keep a low profile" on what was bugging me.  Wow.

So instead of making a heavy list weighing pros and cons, I'm going for lightness.  This is my list of the regular, mundane things that I love, love, love.   Daily and weekly stuff.

  1. My daily horoscope texts from Douglas.
  2. Picking up our weekly supply of CSA veggies, fruit and meat at Harefield Road.  The woman who runs the CSA asks me how to sign the week's food roundup.  How do you sign parsnip, anyway?
  3. Grandmama and Grandpa Ridloff's Thursday visits.  They come early in the day and leave at around the same time Douglas returns from work.  Levi goes nearly crazy with glee when they come over.  
  4. Blogging.  I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal--I jumped into this with the determination to blog daily.  Had I chosen to blog occasionally, my entries would've probably dwindled to nothing. I look forward to seeing what I formulate each day.  
  5. Waking up with Levi.  It's just the best thing.  The more we snuggle, the slower the morning feels.
  6. 4:30 pm.  Douglas comes home.  We all hang out on the rug, talking about the day's events while playing with Levi.  This is the real happy hour.
  7. Levi's bathtime.  After dinner (which is not one of my joys) Levi signs "bath!  bath!  bath downstairs!"  I think that's his happy hour.
  8. Saturday mornings=gourmet breakfast.
Those things give my life a sense of rhythm.  Instead of each day bleeding into weeks numbly, life is punctuated and paragraphed by the things I love.  What about you?

1 comment :

  1. you're phenomenal, lauren!
    I truly truly enjoy your thoughts and words. I can't wait to see you guys in March. I fb'd doug asking about ASL Slam but it looks like i will miss it. that's ok as long as i get to see you all and meet levi! he told me to ring him up when i knew the dates. I have since closed my facebook page so I am resorting to this to connect to you guys. How about a visit after Doug gets back from his gig? I am in town the 22-31.

    ReplyDelete