Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Teeth


I searched high and low for a happy toothy picture and this one was the only toothy photo I could find.  This photo is appropriate regardless because it is exactly how I feel--I'd bare my teeth if it helped me feel better.



Levi has 16 teeth and two more coming in.  Luckily for us teething is not such a miserable endeavor.  His naps aren't out of whack and his personality is always very Levi.  It does affect his diet and I am amazed that he can continue to toddle around on the scant amounts of food he eats.  But oh, the brushing!

Levi will not let me brush his teeth.  I tried two different baby brushes then switched to an electric toothbrush.  Yes, seriously, an adult electric toothbrush.  That worked for a while...then the vibrating brush lost its novelty.  I tried different toothpastes in hopes of luring him to brush to taste that yummy paste.  For Levi it's more like yucky.

Right now Levi is using a pink "training toothbrush" with an extended handle.  What I mean by "using" is that he gnaws on the brush at both ends.  The thing is he will not let anybody help him.  It has to be him and him alone.  And no toothpaste.

The doctor recommends brushing twice a day and if possible after each meal.  Ha, ha, yeah, riiiiight.  If we're lucky, Levi munches on brushes his teeth before bedtime.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Should I just hold him down and stick that darn brush in his mouth and get the job done?  Or is munching on it okay?  What works?  Help.

1 comment :

  1. we use the kids sonicare for summer and forrest - its a lifesaver! fully charged lasts about a week (in between 4 brushes with 2 kids every day) we replace the head about every 4 months. i cannot say enough good things about it - my kids haven't had a cavity *knock on wood* with this brush.

    ReplyDelete