Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

List #15: Toddler Fun Travel Bag List




Success!!!
Levi and I took a 4-hour long train to D.C. for the weekend to visit friends (mine and his).  I was not worried one drop about the visit--it was the train ride that put me in fight or flight mode.  I prepared.  And re-prepared.  I even planned on how I would wear my hair that day (in a tidy, tight braid, as if I were about to run off to battle).  I also decided not to drink too many beverages to avoid ugly urgent bathroom visits.

I was so ready.

I was so ready to arrive at our destination in a shaking, sweaty mess with a poop story, a OMG THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED story.  But, no!  The ride was a wonderfully dull (yet fun) success!!  Levi was such a fantastic trooper and I did not have one overwhelming moment.  I credit it to Levi's easy nature, my new carry-on suitcase with dual casters and ESPECIALLY our fun toddler travel bag--a mix of old and new goodies.

Image of Red Stripe Baggu
So this is what was in the bag:

1.  Baby wipes.
2.  One ziploc bag to keep the sippy cup from spilling (I RARELY use ziploc bags--I use reuseable snack bags as shown in the photo above).
3.  iPad in case of emergency (which I did NOT need!)
4.  Car crayons (new).
5.  Three books:  The Swing (new), Planes (an old favorite) and Bus Stops (an old favorite too).
6.  Three finger puppets.
7.  Two small cars.
8.  Notebook, train stickers, boat stickers and round colored stickers.
9.  Straws.
10.  And this was the creme de la creme: two cans of Play-Doh, old, but never opened.


And I did not let Levi see what I had in the bag the whole time.  So my striped Baggu was full of surprises, some old and some new.  The rest of the weekend was also a mix of wonderful old memories and new experiences.



No comments :

Post a Comment