Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

List #20: Levi's Paris Reading List

Excerpt from This Is Paris
Found via Tweedleland: The Gentleman's Club
The email I got from Olivia, my stepmother's sister who lives in Paris gave me butterflies--we are truly going to Paris.  I am getting my mind geared up for Paris to make up for the ill-prepared (but fun) Paris trip a few years ago.  I have my own reading list, and am now making a reading list for Levi so he knows the sights when we get there.

Some of those books are not necessarily "age appropriate" for Levi, but the photos are for all ages.

1.  The Red Balloon: We could follow up with the classic film.

2.  This is Paris:  I read This is New York with my first graders.  This is a book with a fantastic vintage feel to it.

3.  Madeline:  Levi has matching yellow rain boots.

4.  Paris in the Spring with Picasso:  A bit dense text-wise, but the photos are great for getting Levi familiar with Parisian sights.

5.  Paris: A 3D Keepsake Cityscape:  Pop-ups are fun.  This is also a small book, 4x4.

6.  Kiki and Coco in Paris:  Gorgeous photographs and also shows the traveling part.  Good for Levi!

7.  Henri's Walk to Paris:  Beautiful book.  There aren't many visuals that are distinctively Parisian, but the text introduces some cultural aspects.

If you have any suggestions, let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment