Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

July 18: Nice Mistake


Looking back I want to pat ourselves on the back.  After checking out of Cannes we headed to the airport only to find out we somehow got the dates wrong.  We were at the airport a day too early.  Oops.
Absolutely no fingers were pointed, despite wearing our last pair of clean underwear.  Douglas and I simply parked ourselves at a cafe and began hunting for hotels in the Nice area to book.   Levi found amusement in the poor trapped birds that darted up and down inside the airport.  We booked a hotel with a pool on the rooftop and set out to fall in love with Nice.


The thing that set Nice apart was the interesting mix of residents and tourists.  Sure, there were tourists but the residents went on with their lives, like this colorfully robed woman.  The crooked streets had cheery yellow buildings that stood out even more when the sun began to set.  




We found a restaurant on the corner of a plaza, the perfect apex for us to watch life go by.  Douglas ate some mussels that tasted too much of the sea for me (I like mussels) and I was relieved I didn't order the same dish.  Funnily enough, I remember what he ate, but not what I ate. 





Nice was worth the airport snafu.  We turned this mistake into a day and half of nice.

No comments :

Post a Comment