Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 9: Day of the Eiffel Tower


We started the day early and had a simple, light breakfast before heading out.  It was the day of the Eiffel Tower.







Levi fell asleep on the way to the Eiffel Tower, so we took advantage and found Rue Cler, this foodie street.  My mother raved about this street--she had thought she "found" a secret enclave.  Not.  It was a must-see in our travel guide book.  But still Rue Cler was a lovely street and we had some crepes and coffee.  We watched Paris wake up to freshly washed sidewalks.












I took so many photos of doors while in Paris.  I am trying my hardest not to post too many.  I guess I have a French door fetish.




Levi slept for a long, long, long time so we lolled about on the lawn, watching other people posing for the camera.  It was funny to see how everybody did exactly the same thing.  Then Levi woke up and we did the same thing.



I don't think Levi was very impressed by the tower.  He woke up and looked at it for a bit, then chased birds and pointed at the manicured square trees.  We walked all over Paris that day.




4 comments :

  1. simply breathtaking. so beautiful, lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore les doors !
    Biz
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you--you get to see them everyday!

      Delete