Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 10: Jardin Du Luxembourg


The day of the Eiffel Tower was mostly for the adults.  So today was mostly for the kid.  We headed to Jardin Du Luxembourg, the park that supposedly makes people want to move to Paris.  
Levi fell asleep on the way to the park, so we found a sunny spot (it was chilly) to sit and have an early lunch.  We saw bee houses, manicured trees and joggers.

Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff
 Levi woke up and we went to hit their famed playground.  They charged adults an entrance fee!  This playground was huge, sectioned in areas for age groups.  Naturally Levi gravitated to the "older kids" section.
(Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff)
(Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff) 
(Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff)
(Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff)
(Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff) 
(Photo Credit: Douglas Ridloff)

An hour passed and the adults got a bit restless.  I promised Levi he would like the next destination just as much--the pond where children rent toy sailboats and sail those boats, using long sticks to prod them around.  We walked past some square trees that made me feel like Alice in Wonderland.




Douglas and I sat on the ledge, watching Levi watch the sailboats.  I had my iPhone out, filming him talking about the boats when he suddenly slipped on some loose gravel and fell, chin first, on the ledge.  I caught it all on video, including the iPhone's fall to the ground when I grabbed Levi.


Levi had a small scrape on his chin that he quickly forgot about when we left the sailboats to see Marc Chagall's exhibition, also on the premises.  Chagall's paintings are full of romance and floating people.  In the middle of the exhibition Levi started talking about affection.  "Mama hug."  We hugged.  "Pop hug."  They hugged.  We stood there, taking turns hugging each other.  I think we turned into an exhibition ourselves.

It was a long day at the park, so we wrapped it up with some hot chocolate from Angelina's.  We see where our Brooklyn's Jacques Torres gets his inspiration from.  Thick, gooey hot chocolate that is really enough after just a few sips.

That video of Levi's fall?  I don't know what to do with it--deleting it feels wrong, but looking at it is just torture.

2 comments :

  1. Don't delete that video! One day you will look back and laugh. Even as I read this post, I couldn't help but laugh. I could picture the entire scene and the heart-stopping terror you must have felt. It's all part of Mamahood. Those scary moments are just as important as the happy and serene ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Okay, I'll keep it but I'm not going to look at it again for a long, long time!

      Delete