Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

8/52, 3/52: Hands and Profiles

"A portrait of my oldest once a week, every week in 2014."
8/52
"A portrait of my youngest once a week, every week in 2014."
3/52
Levi: Still rosy-cheeked from his nap and clutching his little animals, Levi ventured a look outside.  We attempted to coax him into coming out to build a snowman, but he stood his ground.  He was excited just watching the babysitter add some prunes and a carrot to create a face for the snowman.  The light fell on his face in such a soft way.  "Need a snow girl," he said, still sleepy and completely oblivious to the fact that his mama could not take her eyes off him.

Wyatt: He slumbers most of the time, waking only to feed or to look about for a few wide-eyed minutes, looking absolutely astounded at the world around him.  Wyatt is still a slender newborn, although his legs are gaining strength (oh, those little kicks that sometimes propel him away from my body).  He has outgrown most of his newborn clothes.  I keep dressing him in this wonderful fleece cardigan because it's one of the few new clothes that he can claim as his own, not a hand-me-down.



2 comments :

  1. I like the hands - so délicate. What a wonderful slide show in years to come.....
    Love Olly de Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I just love your writing - it's been a such long time since we last talked, but reading your words take me back to the old MSSD days (when I was always impressed with your eloquence).

    -Julie Tibbitt

    ReplyDelete