Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

7/52, 2/52

"A portrait of my oldest once a week, every week in 2014."
7/52
"A portrait of my youngest, once a week, every week in 2014."
2/52
Levi:  The second week of being a family of four has seen some challenges.  Levi misses his mama terribly.  I know that Levi will understand, eventually, that we will rediscover our balance and rhythm as a family.  He is growing more independent each day, simultaneously enjoying and bemoaning his status as a big brother.  Levi told me that I needed to move the book I am reading aloud so Wyatt could see it too.  Yet he needs his mama more than ever and tells me that too, frequently through words and actions.  I have never been more frustrated with Levi yet I love him more fiercely than ever.

Wyatt:  Yesterday my mother pointed out his symmetrical features and his asymmetrical ears.  Each day is a day of discovery--I have learned that Wyatt can be soothed by seeing his brother's face.  He fixates on Levi once Levi moves into his view.  It is so different the second time around--I have a glimpse of grandparents' ease around babies.  I can stop and smell the roses this baby.  I am relishing this lovely new stage of life.  Wyatt smells so good and whoever holds him finds it very hard to let go.

2 comments :

  1. Oh Lauren,

    This makes me think back to our many conversations about children long before Levi was even a glint in Doug's eye (as my father puts it). I realize through that how much you are relishing being a mom. It also comes through in your beautiful writing. I look forward to meeting Wyatt and seeing you and Levi again! You have a lovely family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt makes me melt. What a beautiful gaze. He sure is happy to me et you all ! Love Olly de Paris

    ReplyDelete