Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

9/52, 4/52: Focus



"A portrait of my youngest son once a week, every week in 2014."
4/52
"A portrait of my oldest son once a week, every week in 2014."
9/52
Wyatt:  Quiet boy.  He lies there, still and rapt, inviting me to gaze into his eyes.  The other day Levi made an observation about his brother's eyes.  He said, "The eyes are bright."  So right on.  Wyatt's eyes are the color of zinc.  They mirror everything, reflecting light and whoever he focuses on.

Levi:  This photograph was taken by Douglas, not me.  I have been frustrated lately, unable to document our lives the way I want to.  I cannot get my camera to focus on Levi the way I want to; he moves continuously and quickly so many photos are out of focus.  Then again Levi has been slightly out of focus for me lately--he remains in my peripheral view as I spend time recovering and nursing Wyatt.  I miss Levi.

1 comment :

  1. I think if you tell that to Levi he will understand. Don't worry you're doing a great job. You are as perfect as you can get. It's OK ! Lovely family . THANKS for sharing. Olly de Paris

    ReplyDelete